HuaJu Industrial MC1218A & MC1218AEX benchtop wood lathes have a heavy-duty cast iron framework and rubber feet that give superior balance and smooth turning operation. Bed, headstock, interchangeable tool rest, Banjo, and tailstock are cast iron. Even though this MC1218A has 40 kilograms, it has a limited footprint. Therefore, this 12″x18″ benchtop wood lathe(MC1218A) is for cramped space in labs, educational institutions, and small workshops.
A strong 600W induction motor provides a powerful impetus that allows operators to keep power at any speed. Compared with other types of electric motors, this one is more suitable for professional craftsmen.
Meanwhile, the distance between centers is 18″, and the swing over bed is 12″. Incidentally, a 6″ tool rest and a tailstock can be slid to any position for diverse needs in turning applications. A bright light is installed on the machine, so it can be used all day whatever day or night.
Furthermore, a 670mm extension bed is an optional accessory. When the 670mm bed is installed on the tailstock side of the MC1218A, the combination of the two parts become MC1218AEX. In other words, this MC1218AEX benchtop wood lathe can provide a longer turning distance without spending a lot of money on a large woodturning machine.
The 18″ & 44″ benchtop wood lathes are well suitable for experienced DIY enthusiasts and professional carpenters in Europe and North America.
- The lathe is constructed from cast iron and includes a powerful 600W universal motor that provides full torque at all speeds
- The 5-belt positions with 50HZ at: 650,980,1400,2000,2800 RPM
- With two handles on the cast iron bed for easier moving
- A bright light on the machines for all-day use
- Rear tool holder fitting as standard
- With extra 670mm extension bed MC1218A-EX available as an optional accessory